The team at Colorado Institute for Excellence (CIE) has been monitoring the spread of coronavirus (COVID-2019) with state and local officials, and is committed to the safety and well-being of our clients. Taken from the CDC website, we are implementing the following guidelines as a precaution to protect everyone and maintain work continuity as the situation evolves. If you have any questions, please reach out to a member of our team.
First and foremost, we are committed to minimizing the risk to all clients and team members. If possible, we encourage:
• Use videoconferencing or teleconferencing when possible for meetings and gatherings.
• Cancel, adjust, or postpone large meetings or gatherings that can only occur in-person in accordance with state and local regulations and guidance.
• When videoconferencing or teleconferencing is not possible, hold meetings in open, well-ventilated spaces continuing to maintain a distance of 6 feet apart and wear cloth face coverings.
Keeping Yourself and Others Healthy
The most effective thing we can do is to stay home if we are sick. This means:
• Team members who have symptoms should notify their supervisor and stay home.
• Sick members should follow CDC-recommended steps, and should not return to work until the criteria to discontinue home isolation are met, in consultation with healthcare providers.
• This is to protect your team, as well as make sure you get the rest you need. If you are well, but have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should notify their supervisor and follow CDC recommended precautions.
The second most effective thing any of us can do is wash our hands frequently and avoid touching our eyes, mouth, and nose. We will put up a few reminder posters around the meeting space, but please remember:
• When washing your hands, make sure to do it with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
• Utilize the hand sanitizer that we have provided. This is meant as a supplement to washing your hands, not a replacement. It’s always best to wash your hands thoroughly.
• Cough and sneeze in your elbow, not on your hands.
• We will provide tissues and no-touch trash cans.
Perform routine cleaning:
• We will be following the CDC cleaning and disinfection recommendations before and after all meetings, and maintain a plan to perform regular cleanings to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
• Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the meeting place, such as tables, chairs, writing utensils, handrails, and doorknobs.
Establish policies and practices for social distancing.
• Increase physical space between clients at the meeting table to maintain proper distance.
• Use signs, tape marks, or other visual cues placed 6 feet apart, to indicate where to stand when physical barriers are not possible.
• Close or limit access to common areas where employees are likely to congregate and interact.
• We discourage handshaking, and encourage other noncontact methods of greeting.
Follow State and Local Regulations
As of August 1, 2020 Routt County and the State of Colorado has implemented a mandatory mask wearing ordinance in order to protect our citizens. We will follow all mandated guidelines. And follow the 5 Commitments of Containment:
While the team at CIE feels best practice in these situations is to have a plan and take proactive precautions. We know that this too shall pass, even though it may be a while. We look forward to a time when in-person events are once again the norm. Thank you.